Pinterest

Thursday, November 5, 2009

C is for Cookie



Last night, I decided to make these cookies. I saw them featured on Cupcakes and Cashmere, so I thought I'd give them a try. They turned out good, but I wouldn't say they're the best cookie I've ever eaten.











These are:
These are orange cookies. They are so soft and perfectly sweet. A few years back, my mom brought home a batch of orange cookies from an Amish bakery in Indiana. We went nuts over them and proceeded to scour the Internet looking for a recipe. After some tweaking and combining of a few different recipes, we've come up with a pretty close imitation of what we enjoyed so many years ago. So, today I'm sharing this recipe with you. You can add it to your Christmas arsenal.

1 c. shortening
2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. orange juice
4 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 c. butter
4. c powdered sugar
3 T. thawed orange juice concentrate

Beat shortening, sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Beat in buttermilk and OJ.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and soda.
Stir flour mixture into shortening mixture. Mix until combined.
Drop rounded tablespoons on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. While still warm, spread frosting on.

Frosting - combine butter, powdered sugar, and OJ concentrate. Beat until smooth. Add more OJ concentrate to reach desired consistency. Yields 6 dozen cookies.

Happy baking!

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS