Pinterest

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Santa's Helper: The Dog Lover


I'm a good gift giver. I don't know why this is, but I tend to do well in this department. So well, in fact, that I've been told it's both a good quality of mine and an annoying one. I guess I've set the bar too high too many times.

Well, I thought that since I've already accomplished a hefty chunk of my own holiday shopping, I would help my large body (are we up to three yet?) of readers with some holiday gift giving ideas. So, every Wednesday from now until Christmas I will give you some quality gift ideas.

I'll start out with something easy. Everyone has at least one family member who loves his or her dog with a fervor that borders on inappropriate. For my family, I am this family member. So, pretty much, I hope my mom is reading this blog, so Maddy gets a cute collar for Christmas.
I just purchased this dog bed for Maddy. I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet, but I know I'll love it. It's adorable. And it's green! You stuff a mesh bag full of your old sweatshirts, towels, and blankets and put it in the duvet. It's genius. I'll have to post a photo of Maddy using hers once I get it. And I've already purchased one for a Christmas gift. Visit Molly Mutt to see many other cute options.

I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't drop every other toy to pick up this one. Maddy originally got this as a gift from one of her "aunts". Now, every time I try to let her pick a new toy out at Petsmart, she will always find these. Usually she tries to rip off the packaging before we even get to the checkout. Also, my dad has dubbed this "the tampon". Lovely, I know.


I don't believe in dressing up your dog with more than a bandana once in a while. So, I like to find cute collars. Maddy is definitely due for a new one, so I've got my eye on this one. There are so many to choose from in the Dog Gone Knitting Etsy shop. Also, The Mod Dog shop has tons of cute options as well.
Now, I haven't gone this far for my beloved pooch yet, but I do frequently get homemade treats for her from one of my mom's friends. I'm not sure where she gets her recipes, but Maddy cobbles up homemade treats faster than the store bought ones. This is probably because most of them contain peanut butter. Should I choose to venture into doggie treat baking, this will be my first purchase.


I've had this cute dog tag in my Etsy favorites for a while. Urban Puppy's Etsy shop has tons of cute togs to spruce of a pooch's collar. I like the one above 'cause it functions as an ID tag, but they have plenty of just for fun ones as well.

So there you have five perfect gifts for the dog lover. If you have any suggestions for next week's recommendations, let me know. Since I've got things under control with my shopping, I'll be happy to help you. I'm looking at you, Jessica.

2 comments:

C. Elle said...

I am pretty much convinced that you are posting these posts just for me. Not because of your lack of readers, but because they are about things I enjoy or can relate to.

I am ALL over the doggie duvet and treat cookbook.

CëRïSë said...

I totally read your title as "Satan's helper." I think I'm just tired...

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS