Pinterest

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Santa's Helper: The Reader

Okay, so this is cheating because I'm pretty much making a list of the books I want to read, but I'm a reader, so it works. Here are a few suggestions for the bibliophile in your life.


I loved Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Since I've been a vegetarian for nearly four years now, I was really excited to hear about his latest book Eating Animals, which is about Foer's own struggle deciding between being a vegetarian or an omnivore. While I had been hoping for another work of fiction since I loved his last book so much, I am very much looking forward to reading some of his nonfiction on a topic that is important to me.


Let the Great World Spin has topped many lists his year. All I keep hearing is that it is very powerful. I think this will be one I tackle over Christmas break.


Oh, how I love Augusten Burroughs! Mikael already told me he's getting me his latest book You Better Not Cry, which is a collection of essays about his holiday experiences. If you've read Running With Scissors, you'll understand why this sure to be a hilarious read.


I want a Nook. It's official. It would be so handy for reading my pdfs for class. Also, I took a peek at one in person last week, and it was quite sleek and the screen was easy to read. I also enjoyed watching the dude at Barnes and Noble try to convince an Amish couple that they needed one. Not exactly the best target audience.


And what book lover doesn't love bookmarks. I love these wooden bookmarks I found on Etsy. I especially like the Little Red Riding Hood one. These would make great stocking stuffers.

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS