Pinterest

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Five Things to Help You Survive Winter

I hate the winter. Hate. It. I have no idea where we're headed in three years when I graduate, but these long winter days have me checking the MLA job list in Southern California every week. Here are five things that help ease my winter pain.


At the beginning of winter, I purchased this heating pad off Etsy. It's come in handy several times over the last couple months. I like to put it at the foot of my bed to warm my feet when I first get in bed. It's stuffed with rice. You warm it in the microwave, so you don't have to worry about turning it off like an electric heating pad.

I've been a long time fan of this lotion from Kiehls. I have one in my backpack and one on my bedstand. It has a slight medicinal smell, but it's worth it.


I've never been a big tea fan, but I love this tea from Tazo. I've started drinking this in the evenings to warm up and to ease my hunger without eating something fatty (spring break in four weeks. eek!).


I resisted for a long time, but I finally got some uggs for Christmas. I have no idea why I waited so long. They make my other boots seem like lead weights. Mikael hates them, but I hate his winter facial hair, so we're even.

Also, I highly recommend you get one of these:


3 comments:

CëRïSë said...

HA! David has recently started a Winter Beard, too... I wonder if his aversion to Uggs is strong enough that I could use them as leverage?

Erin said...

Haha. Well, at least David's can legitimately be called a beard." Mikael's is more of a scruff, a la Spencer Pratt. I haven't made that comparison to him yet; maybe that will get him to shave...

C. Elle said...

Oh, I am suddenly cool.. I use/drink two things off your fave list: Tazo tea and Kiehls. I've tried the rice heating pad (enjoyed it), and the Uggs...well, I'm glad they're warm.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS