Pinterest

Friday, February 11, 2011

Newlywed Nesting

I have gradually been redecorating our little house. I started many projects last school year, but now that I have a full-time handyman at my disposal, I seem to be completing my projects a lot faster. My most recent accomplishment was finishing the kitchen.

Here are the photos I took of the house when I was considering buying it. Not my stuff, but the walls, cupboards, and windows didn't change until the big overhaul I started last fall.
The gaping hole of missing cabinets. I assume the previous
owners were too cheap to buy all the cabinets.

The tan paint doesn't look so bad in these photos, but it was a rather yellowy tan.

And, the finished product:

Added cupboards & microwave. Painted walls light grey, added red highlights.

Yes, I made those valances myself.

Breakfast nook, with chalkboard paint (!!!!).
Please note adorable kitty in his favorite nap spot - right above the heater.





1 comment:

Jenn Stewart said...

I love that "hidden kittehs" is a tag in this post.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS