Pinterest

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Monday?

This weekend included a birthday party for an adorable one-year-old, a visit from my parents, and a low-key afternoon in the backyard on Sunday with M and the pets. It was pretty perfect, and I was sad to see it go.

Today begins my final week of classes for the summer; then I'm officially on summer break until I start my new job in August. I have plenty to do before I get to Friday, so Monday Muffins were a must to get me geared up for this week. I had three rotting bananas, and my parents brought us tons of strawberries, so I give you...

Strawberry- Banana Muffins

3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 sugar (I subbed 1/2 of it with Splenda)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c chopped strawberries

Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter. Mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top with sugar in the raw for a little crunch (optional). Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

After this week is over, I will have a lot more time to blog about something other than muffins...






1 comment:

Becca said...

Why would anyone ever blog about anything BUT muffins. I am making these. Love you

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS