Pinterest

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Monday Morning Muffins

Part I: The Muffins

In an effort to use up a bunch of blueberries, I made muffins a few weeks ago on Sunday evening. The next morning, I got out of bed a bit quicker because I knew I had a delicious muffin to eat as I walked to work. M concurred that the muffins made his Monday brighter as well (huge surprise). And, thus began a new tradition in our house. Today marks the third consecutive week of Monday Muffins. So, I've decided it's now a thing.


And, this week's muffin recipe is one you're gonna want to try -

Peaches and Cream Muffins
1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c chopped peaches

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix. Mix in flour and baking powder until just combined. Fold in peaches. (I sprinkled sugar in the raw on top to add a little crunch). Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes, them move to wire cooling rack. Yields a dozen.

Seriously easy. Seriously delicious.

Part II - Blog Changes
As you may have noticed, things have changed here at GMG. I decided to merge my personal blog with this one. Since I wasn't posting on either one, I figured having one blog to focus my energy might make it easier. I'm optimistic.

2 comments:

Jenn Stewart said...

Yeah, I now regret not stopping for one of these...

c. elle said...

I will seriously try this new recipe. Glad I found you blogging again on "Grumpy.."

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS